Friday, January 13, 2012

Pork Liver Hawaiian



For this weekend I was hoping to make something that I love to eat, chicken liver. I went to the market early but since I was still looking for some celery I arrived quite late in the chicken section of the market. All chicken livers were gone. I haven't spotted a single one left. My spirit was quite dampen by it but I looked for other ways to make do with the ingredients that I have already bought.

When I passed by the meat section, I saw a cute little pork liver on one of the stalls and I decided to buy it. I was shocked when the prize was only 20 pesos, wow!

This is it, this is what I cooked this weekend.

200g pork liver, cut in small pieces
234g pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve syrup)
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium carrot, cut into strips
3 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 tbsp cornstarch

1. Marinate liver in 1/2 tbsp soy sauce, half of pineapple tidbits syrup, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/4 tsp rock salt. Drain. Fry in hot oil until light brown. Set aside.
2. Stir-fry onions, carrots and celery in margarine until half-tender. Add pineapple tidbits and 1/2 cup water. Season with 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, 1/4 tsp iodized salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add fried liver and cornstarch, dissolved in remaining pineapple tidbits syrup. Continue simmering for 3 minutes, or until cooked.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment