Friday, May 13, 2011

Chili Chicken with Black Beans


For this weekend, I decided to make something from my Chicken recipe book. Well, since this is the first time I'm going to cook chicken, it should be something easy as well. I went to the grocery store early this morning (would you believe the store wasn't even open yet when I went there??? :)) to buy the things I'll need for today's cooking adventure. These are the ingredients I bought at that very early hour:

3 pieces small chicken breast fillet halves, sliced into 1/2" strips
2 tbsps Maggi Savor Classic
2 tbsps cooking oil
2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 chicken broth cube
1 tbsp chili sauce
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, drained

After getting all these ingredients, I went home and started cooking.

Here's how:
1. Marinate chicken in Maggi Savor for at least 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat oil and stir-fry tomatoes until limp.
3. Stir in broth cube, chili sauce, and chicken with marinade; cook until chicken is lightly browned.
4. Pour in water. Let simmer and add cooked beans
5. Serve lukewarm with rice or pasta.

Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment