Saturday, June 4, 2011

Baboy with the Asignar's Bagoong


The weekend before classes starts. Ugh! Frustrating. I don't want to go back to school yet.
How come students get so excited at the start of the school year? Well, teachers are not excited, except for the pretentious ones :P
Well, to boost my spirit before the start of the school year, I decided to cook something that I love to eat when I was small but wasn't able to eat after my father's death since my mother decided to go for a healthier lifestyle and refused to cook this recipe.
Well, my recipe includes the Asignar's bagoong which is really delicious, trust me! Without this bagoong, this recipe will not work out :D

Here goes:

4 slices of pork kasim
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small onion, sliced
1 tbsp ginger strips
50 g tomato paste
4 tbsps bagoong
1 pc siling haba, sliced

Heat 3 tbsps oil, then brown the pork chunks. Set Aside.
Saute garlic, onion, ginger, tomato paste, bagoong, siling haba and pork chunks. Add 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.

And it's done!

Can you smell that? delicious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment