Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chicken Meat Rolls



¼ kilo ground chicken meat
1 big can Vienna sausage, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
Half of the 250g pack of Italian style spaghetti sauce
1 egg
1 small carrot, coarsely grated
2 slices sandwich, cut into cubes
¼ cup raisins

1. Combine all ingredients with ¾ tsp iodized salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Mix thoroughly.
2. Wrap every ¾ cup of mixture in foil. Roll. Steam for 1 hour.

Serves 6.
The dilemma I had while making this recipe was whether to use the ingredient asked for or substitute it with another. This ingredient I’m talking about is the ground chicken. In the supermarkets in our city there are no ground chickens available. You may buy a chicken fillet and have it grounded but the quantity allowed is 1 kilo.
What am I going to do with a 1 kilo ground chicken when the sole purpose of buying it is to make this recipe? I decided to buy the asked amount in the recipe and when I reached home I got hold of the blender my boyfriend gave me last Christmas.
This blender had another small separate blender, which the manual stated, for the beans, peanuts and the likes. I was thinking it this could ground up nuts why not chicken meat as well?
I cut the chicken meat into small pieces and put a small portion of it unto the blender. And it was a success. Big thanks to my boyfriend!

No comments:

Post a Comment