Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chunky Bean and Chorizo Stew





I discovered a lot of chorizo in the freezer and looked for a recipe that includes it. This is what I found and came to love it.

3 cups cooked white beans
Oil
12 pcs chorizo
1 onion, chopped
4 pcs garlic, chopped
6 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup water
Salt
Pepper
Cayenne

1. Pan-fry chorizos in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Remove chorizos and add the onions and garlic.
3. Saute until light brown and stir in tomatoes.
4. Stir in chorizos, cooked beans, water, salt, black pepper and cayenne.
5. Bring to a simmer and cook until beans absorb the liquid, about ten minutes.

Funny experience: I did not read the recipe very well and instead of cutting the tomatoes into cube I quartered it. I realized it was the biggest ingredient in what I’m cooking so I got the recipe again and read it the second time. I saw it was supposed to be cubed so I got it out of the pan and sliced it again. It burned by fingers! Hahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment