Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fish Kilawin


My mother asked me to pay our water bill today. This will be my first visit to the city's water district building and I'm a little bit excited to compare its system in terms of paying bills to the electricity's snail-style way.
I was impressed when I reached there because the system is very fast. The only setback are the employees working there. It seems they are too tired of their jobs that they can't help but snapped at the slightest mistake. They can't even find time to smile and greet their costumers.
Well, to lighten the mood, I decided to go directly to the wet market after paying the bills and try to cook up something nice for today's lunch.
Here goes:

1 100g radish, pared and cubed
1/4 kilo lean fish (tarogho, cut into cubes
1/2 cup vinegar
1 medium red onion, chopped
2 siling haba, seeded and sliced
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 stalks green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
6 siling labuyo, minced

1. Rinse and squeeze radish. Set aside. Soak fish in 1/4 cup vinegar for 30 minutes. Drain.
2. Ass the remaining vinegar and the rest of the ingredients. Season with 1/4 tsp iodized salt and 1 tsp sugar. Mix thoroughly, then chill for 1 hour of until ready to serve.

Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment